Thursday, September 15, 2005

Obsessed with Long Life

I think there are too many (older) Japanese who are obsessed with long life. Instead of being absorbed in extending their lives, I hope they will pay more attention to social problems.

BTW, I don't understand why they don't teach politics to 8th graders in social-studies classes. During a geography lesson today, the 8th graders studied France in terms of its climate, agriculture, and culture; however, they didn't cover social and political situations of the country. So, the 8th-grade girl whom I talked with after the class, didn't even know who the current president of France was.

But I'm sure that she knew who the president of the US was. Even my 2nd-grade friends knew him, for recently Mr. President appeared on Japanese news programs that extensively covered the hurricane Katrina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home