Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Not so Hard Ethical Problems in the Field

For example, last week I made a 3-year-old preschooler burst into tears. He was trying to sit on my laps, and I teased him by running away from him. Suddenly, he started crying loudly and other boys gathered around him. They suggested I apologize to the boy. Well, I did while hugging and soothing him. Since preschoolers have very bad memories, however, the boy came up and climed on me soon after he stopped crying.

Today several 6th-grade girls were in tears after they were scolded for their behavior. When the teacher was not around, they started speaking ill of her in front of me. They used bad words. I listened to them quietly, hoping that they would feel okay with the teacher after they calmed down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home