Friday, September 09, 2005

How to Choose the Right School

I had a long chat with the high school senior whom I've been tutoring. By the end of this month he had to decide whether he will accept a sports scholarship to attend a private university outside the prefecture or apply for another university near his home. I didn't tell him which choice would be better for him not only because he should decide for himself by considering all available options carefully but also because I am not an expert in Japanese entrace exams. (I was one of those high school students who didn't buy into the so-called "war of entrance exams.")

It's kind of scary to imagine myself as being part of the student's social environment that might influence his decision. But let's not overestimate my influence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home