Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Expo Sucks

My parents, brother, and I went to the so-called World Exposition today. We went to the following foreign pavilions: France, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Czech, UK, Nordic Joint, Caucasus Joint, Egypt, Africa Joint, Turkey, India, Nepal, Central Asia Joint, Iran, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Suri Lanka, China, Mongolia, Butan, Central America Joint, Dominica, Andes Joint, Cuba, and UN. They were awful except for the India pavilion (and perhaps the Caucasus joint) that showed a lot of effort to introduce various aspects of "Indian culture" (e.g., yoga, food, religion, etc.) to visitors. At the other pavilions that we visited, they showed only visual images and sound effects without any linguistic descriptions whatsoever. (When they provide descriptions, they are so rudimentary that I wasn't enlightened about their countries.) I wish the foreign pavilions had been more museum-like.

Okay, I must become a good professor in the future, so that I may be invited to go to different countries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home