Sunday, December 04, 2005

Criminology--No Empiricist Style

Yesterday I watched the TV program called "The Most Useful Lesson in the World" (or something like that). In that program one professor talked about the relationship between crime and place. According to him, there is a certain kind of space/place that structurally induces crimes. I liked his lecture a lot. Back in my university in the Midwest, criminology was almost all about survey data; however, last night I realzed that there was a different kind of criminology: it analyzes the relationship among psychological processes, semiotic landscapes, and material structures in such a way that results of research can become relevant to policy-making to prevent potential criminals from committing crimes. I would like that kind of criminology and, during my sparetime, I will read more about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home