Saturday, December 03, 2005

Performance by Preschoolers

I went to the kindergarten to watch performcens by preschoolers. (They had been practicing for this festive occasion for two months or so.) The school building was full of parents, grand parents, and siblings of the preschoolers. (Most of the parents brought digital cameras and videos with them. ) The preschoolers performed short plays, sang songs, and played instruments. It was fun and funny to watch one/two-year-old kids participated in the performance, though they hardly executed what they were instructed to do. Some of 5/6-year-olds were pretty good at playing their parts.

I wonder whether this kind of event is unique to Japan. I mean, it's hard for me to imagine American preschoolers moving their bodies in unison. I think Japanese schoolchildren are often required to participate in collective "rituals" where they move their bodies together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home