Sunday, November 27, 2005

Bad Teachers at Driving School

Driving school is "school," anyway, and a person who sits next to me when I practice driving is a "teacher." (I wonder there is any lisence required to teach at driving schools.) Like any other school, there are good and bad teachers. It is easy to recognize bad teachers. First, they often use nagatives: "That wasn't good," "You didn't do it right," "Don't do that," etc. Second, they look happy when they are critizing students for mistakes that they made. They derive pleasure by exercising their authority and expertise; they don't criticize students to help them improve but to make themselves feel superior to students. I met two of such bad teachers at the driving school so far (and I wanted to punch them in the face). I guess they are too old to correct their bad teaching. I just hope that I won't become a bad teacher myself in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home