Thursday, November 17, 2005

Day Care

The driving school where I have been taking lessons has a temporary day care room. Mothers can use it for free while they are taking driving lessons. More often than not, however, I hear children screaming in the day care room. Today I heard a big, continuous scream and cry from the room, so I stepped into the room to see what was going on. There I found my former classmate's 2-year-old son screaming "Mommy, come!!!!! Mommy, come!!!!" repeatedly.

He stopped crying momentarily when he saw my face. I asked him questions like "What about your daddy? Will you daddy come?" "What about your grandma? Will grandma come?" Trying to answer my questions, he forgot calling for her mother... only temporarily. As soon as he finished answering my questions, he was ready to start screaming again. I picked him up and held him in my arms and told him that his mother was coming back soon. But he kept screaming--"Mommy, come!!!! Mommy, come!!!!" as if the world were coming to end.

Oh well, toddlers are difficult to deal with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home