Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Writing a Report for the Principal

The elementary-school principal asked me to write up a report. He said to me, "Would you write an essay on how you think of the school?" "Sure... but how long should I wirte?" (I asked this question because I thought he might be thinking of publishing my essay on some school newspaper.) "Whatever length will be fine," replied the principal. I also wanted to ask him who will be my audience, but I stopped short on that partly because I was following 2nd graders for my research and parly because I thought it shouldn't make a difference.

So, since I came home, I've been writing down my thoughts in Japanese. I will have to ask my father to edit it. Not only my Japanese is a little awkward but also he knows better about diplomacy in this sort of situation. But I hope this essay will create an opportunity for me to discuss various issues with the principal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home