Friday, October 14, 2005

Can't Beat Mothers

Recently, I feel being exploited by preschoolers! While I am at the kindergarten, they relentlessly ask me to participate in physically demanding plays, such as tag, piggybag, etc. This surely faciliates my rapport with them, but it's kind of inefficient to collect data at the kindergarten because I can ask the kids my questions only when I am taking a break from playing with them. 4-year-olds are my "worst" enemy, for they keep making demands on me, even though they can't answer my questions. Besides, all the kids forget my existence as soon as their parents--mostly mothers--come pick them up.

It is indeed the family that is the most important for kids not only emotionally but also cognitively; for instance, they tend to essentialize the parent-child relationship in making inferences about a person's attributes and behaviors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home