Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The so-called Moral Dilemma

On Wednesdays mothers come to every classroom of the elementary school and spend 20 minutes reading books to students. Today I was in one of the 2nd-grade classes where the homeroom teacher had been sick since Monday. Perhaps because of her absence, students in the class were restless while a mother was reading books. One boy was obnixious in particular. He kept walking around, whispering to boys around him, and disturbing others who were listening to the story. Although the mother tried to stop his behavior gently, he didn't stop and his obnoxiousness escalated as a few other boys joined him. Their behaviors made me angry. I really wanted to scold them. But I am not a schoolteacher but merely a doctoral student who is permitted to conudct observation at the school. So I decided to keep taking notes, for I judged I was not authorized to instruct students. I was very frustrated.

Anyway, I want to know about parents of those outrageous kids. What the fuck are they? The fact is that there are more and more parents who can't bring up their children properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home